Sunday, September 7, 2008

rant, skip if you please

this is the 5th or so night that my house's fire alarm has gone off. everyone is getting frustrated, understandably. it's this huge, abrasive system of formalities & communication is insignificant. what i really want to point out is that it is illegal to tamper or cover your fire alarms... in your own house. maybe i want to burn to the ground or maybe i don't want the city or state's help. it seems absurd that the legal system is forcing "safety." there is nothing personal or caring about it and i hardly feel like my well being & "the better good" is the interest of anyone, much less some huge system. just really, who's well being & interests are tied up in this way of doing things?

i appreciate my housemates dealing with the situation and looking out for each other. that much i am glad for.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people, such as myself, are actually flame-proof; I've disabled all my fire alarms. :-D

kaitlyn said...

that's a huge fine! the fire marshal yelled at us about it...