Wednesday, October 29, 2008

How to Fight Foreclosure

Hello!

I just watched a report on a woman in California who's home was foreclosed recently, and she responded in the most badass way possible- by chaining herself to her house. While she knows that eventually she will be removed, this is one easy way to stand up and say that you will not leave without a fight. I urge every person facing a foreclosure to continue to live in your home or chain yourself to your home... anything to exercise the power you have and deny the power that the banks have. I urge people to make these actions in order to support each other. No one is alone in having their homes foreclosed.

What is sad and scary is the more extreme actions which have been employed by victims of foreclosure. People have been committing suicide as an extreme way of protesting the banks. The idea is "I will not leave my home alive." I am definitely not advocating this. But if people are killing themselves out of desperation, what other things can each of us do to support each other? We cannot allow a few wealthy individuals to break us down in order to make even more money. This does not need to happen, and these people do not deserve what is happening to them. So think about it... I'll think about it. I cannot stand aside while this happens just because I'm lucky enough to have a secure place to live right now.

Watch the report here: http://www.cbs8.com/ (look for "Woman Chains Herself to Foreclosed Home)
Read here: http://www.wowowow.com/post/california-woman-chains-herself-home-prevent-bank-taking-it-video-130833

No comments: